Friday, June 10, 2011

Lost Lizard Larry Lou

When Jessi was just a little lass, she chased Lizards.... caught them, played with them, tortured them, collected them in containers and eventually set them free. She lost one in her dads truck, we never found the lost lizard and everytime we climbed in we feared the ole' lost lizard would come crawling out of somewhere and scare the bejeezies out of us. We never mentioned the lost critter when we sold the truck, decided if      
they were willing to buy it "as is", that included a lizard roaming endlessly free in it. 

Jessi now 20, let me repeat that now 20 and married,
I'll repeat that again, just incase you missed it  20 and MARRIED, that means she has a husband and is deamed a responsible, mature adult, right. After I relate the following, you may want to revaluate your definition of a responsible, mature adult.

What a lovely evening it was at the ranch, the gentle breeze was coming down the canyon, the burgers were frying on the grill.  The chatter of little children mixed with the tweeting birds.  It was heaven on earth.  Jessi proceded to hunt the rocks..seeking out lizards, for what I presumed to be for the kids enjoyment.  A little innocent baby lizard soon became capitive in her hands, eventually making it's way to a styro-foam cup cell. 

The beautiful evening continued... it was quite lovely, relaxing and enjoyable.  We later climbed in the truck waved our goodbyes and well wishes to other party members and headed home.  Alot of whispering began in the back seat between my daughter, my 20 year old & married daughter and her hubby.  Being on the brink of becoming deaf I never heard what they were saying.... 

Until she said, "remember that lizard I caught??", Laughter erupts from her my 20 year old  married daughters husband. 

I fearfully respond, "yes".  "Well...she cautiously begins.  About this time, my true love, the father of my 20 year old married daughter, starts to lose color in his face. 

She continues, "well I put him in these two styro-foam cups and put him in the truck". 

"Yes"...I encourge her on, knowing full well the next words to come out of her 20 year old married mouth, whose husband is still laughing. 

"Well...see he's not here", she says.  Silence fills the cab of the big red ford...except for the laughing husband of my 20 year old married daughter. 

My true love in the mean time has a look of confusion across his face...and simply asks, "Where is he?"  I'm not sure why he asked such a question, maybe he had fallen asleep and missed the whole between the lines things going on here. 

She responds, "uhhh I don't know." 

"He's lost in my truck? asks our driver. 

"I don't know, ya I guess".  Hubby continues laughing.  I turn to look at tmy 20 year-old married daughter, who is sitting here holding two styro-foam cups, sliding them in and out of each other.  I have no words. 

My true love asks, calmly, "why were we bringing this lizard home?" 

She responds confindently, "I was going to transplant him to the garden to eat the bugs."  We live in the country, our yard is full of lizards...my 20 year old married daughter is apparently blind. 

 "Jessi, we have plenty of lizards at the house" I say.  "

Well, I haven't seen any she responds."  Apparently they need to stand up and wave a flag so she sees them.  

It is said you can't take the country, farm, cowgirl, city out of the girl.... but when it comes to our 20 year old married daughter, its simply this... You can't take the lizard lovin' and losin' out of her..




Anybody wanna buy a nice, used big red ford?

No comments:

Post a Comment