First Day
True Love: Honey there's a truck bed trailer for sale in Monticello for $50, I think we should go check it out.
Me: Okay
( inner voice: $50? wow! That's awesome! We are blessed!)
So we go check it out.
Put air in the tires.
Pray it makes it home.
It makes it home.
Few Days Later
True Love: Honey, the $50 truck bed trailer we bought, you remember?
Me: Of course! Its awesome!
True Love: Well the bed is rusted clear through.
Me: So what's the problem?
(Inner self: this is going to be ugly I can tell.)
True Love: Need a new bed.
Me: Really?
True Love: Really.
Few Days Later
True Love: Honey, found a truck bed. $75
Me: Oh
True Love: Write me a check.
Me: Oh
True Love: Thanks Honey... Love you.
Few Days Later
True Love: Honey, the wood haulin' trailer is ready go.
Me: Really.
(Inner voice: $125? this can't be true! We are blessed!)
True Love: Yup, just need to find a new rim and tires.
Me: blank stare
(Inner voice: No comment, this is a family blog)
Few Days Later
True Love: Found a rim and tires.
Me: Really
True Love: $40, write me a check
Me: blank stare
Few Days Later
True Love: Let's go get some wood!
Me: Really?
True Love: Really!
Me; ok..hummm
(I am not really sure what they are gazing at.. angels?)
Wood Day
True Love: Wow this trailer is soft
Me: Nahhh its fine.
True Love: Wow, this trailer is soft
Me:Nahhh its fine
True Love: Need better tires
Me: Naaahhh its fine.
True Love: Wow needs stronger springs too.
Me: Naaahhh its fine.
True Love: Yup... it's fine, except for those springs, tires & could use some paint too
I love this True Love, Paul Bunyon, Man of Mine!!
(inner voice: I am truly and forever blessed)
No comments:
Post a Comment