Thursday, April 7, 2011

When Daughters Get Hitched

 When your daughter, your baby daughter and your only daughter gets married its sort of like....humm its sort of like...what words are there that can describe that event?  I guess there are just not any appropriate for blogging.  My little girl strolled down the isle to join hands with the love of her life.  They began that day, a new family.  She was beautiful and it's true a bride does glow. He looked pretty handsome and happy himself!  I don't think I can recall a time I have seen my baby sooo happy and so at peace.  I can't say there were not tears in my eyes when I saw her coming down the isle. 
Yesterday, she was just that rag-muffin tormenting a new puppy or crying all the way down the trail because she couldn't take her coloring book and crayons hiking or telling her daddy "told ya so" while he sat stunned in a creek after she had previously warned him about that horse or when she was running barrels on Brandy or walking down the isle at graduation or when she announced her engagement.  It all seemed to pass so quickly.  Oh hell, tears again....

 The day could not have been more beautiful, with sunshine, friendship and families.


I love the peace and serenity this photo speaks.


FYI: Those are not used horse shoes



Take note.. I'm in a dress and without a hat on my head! Wow we almost
look presentable here or possibly like we are going to a wedding.
Our New Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment